Sunday, April 18, 2010

Torrance

Race Report-Torrance - By Pam Schuster!

20-30 women. Continuous fast pace. I had the usual plan to make a break, get in a break, be in a break or bridge to a break. Half-way through the race I thought to myself that I should have asked Helen's for a combine since their plan was to gang up on me. Oh yeah, they even told me this before the race and I was scared. Nothing was getting away though. Helens set up a lead out with 3-4 laps to go(for Maria), mixing it up with SBDC....which is like 1-2 laps to go on a more common course The course was a short 0.4 mile 4 corner loop. I knew I wanted to Jump 2 corners before the finish which I did, jumped again before the last corner and again for the finish and held to the line for the win just an old lady hair in front of Suzanne Sonya...not sure who was after that. Of course there was a crash on the final lap. No one hurt. I won a preem that I don't know how to use but I want to give to my team before our next race because I know they will know how to use it. Remind me!